Here’s a sampling of what MESA went over at the resume workshop last Thursday!
1. Keep your resume concise, to the point, and specific.
2. Only include information in your resume that is pertinent to the job that you’re applying for.
3. Do your research! Make sure you know what the organization stands for and does on a daily basis so you can accurately express how your experience and skills will benefit them.
4. Content over format. While having an eye-catching document will grab the reader’s attention, the content is what will truly determine whether or not they’ll interview/hire you!
5. Adjust your resume depending on the job you are applying for. In other words, you should have multiple versions of your resume!